Here is my uniqueness as an artist, My story is to be told, but not found on line, I carry with me the blogs every where I go. In order to hear my story you have to connect with me face to face. The pieces and blogs are not for sale.
Connect with me 🔑
Facebook: Tree of Stars
YouTube: Tree of Stars on tour
When we don’t love ourselves
When we think were not enough
When we give up
When our struggles are real
When everything is raw
When we can’t get out
When our triggers keep saying hello
When our demons pour down our face
When we have no rocks
When we want to cut or jump
When we want to hide
When we have a chill
When our chills becomes a tide
Who is there? I am…or at least…
I try to be…
Please check in with others.
I care, we care, together let’s march 🔑
J.Comoton-Tree of Stars
A fridge that has food in it.
A family that cares.
A great small group of friends
A family doctor
A hospital for an emergency
A dentist for regular check ups
A heart that beats for real
Eyes to see the world
Ears to listen to others
Nose to smell nature
Legs to walk my path
Arms to hug the world
Fingers to point at something that I like
A pen and paper to write or draw
To share my emotions and thoughts
A therapist who checks in with me
Clean drinking water to make me strong
2 careers that are stressful but meaningful
A loving partner who loves me with no doubts
A great neighbourhood with lots of smiles &
That watches the sun go up & down
A tree that allows me to believe
Believe in myself & in others
A passion that lives inside of me everyday
It’s the tree that has a star hanging in it.
That star is you & me….together we are march strong.
I’m Suzanne, and I own a social media company called The Generator. I started The Generator three years ago after a first career in advertising at The Hamilton Spectator. I really wanted to get into social media, because I saw it as the next frontier for marketing for local business. Initially I thought I wanted to be a social media manager for a company, and I started out that way, but it was while working out of a coworking space here in Hamilton, and being surrounded by tons of young entrepreneurs, when I realized I should start my own social media agency. Since then, the company has grown to a team of six of Hamilton’s best social media talent. I’m constantly amazed and inspired by my team.
I first met Jessica Compton at a coworking space where The Generator was based, called CoMotion on King. It’s a wonderful space bursting with innovative, motivated entrepreneurs. Jessica had been on a tour of cafes in Hamilton, and I was noticing all the shout outs she was giving on Instagram, because building up small businesses is what I personally love to do as well. I loved that she chose to do a cafe tour because Hamilton’s coffee shop scene is booming, and that is a direct result of this huge movement of community support for all things local. So when I saw that she was constantly visiting cafes and posting about it, it caught my attention and I commented on one of the posts. I got a private message from Jessica then asking if I’d be interested to meet for coffee and talk about what Tree of Stars was all about. I get a lot of requests to meet because I’m pretty active on social media, and I love to be able to meet people in real life after getting to know them virtually– it’s one of my favourite things about using social media, how it mirrors real life when you use it authentically.
When I was younger I didn’t believe in myself, I always got put down by different adults in my life, that just didn’t care or have any love to give me as a toddler, child, youth, teenager and older adult. I was surrounded by individuals that always treated me different, As I mention on my flyer from the hamilton cafe tour, I was abused head to toe in many ways; mentally, physically, sexually, emotionally, and the list just goes on.
I was a dreamer and I still am. I can spend many hours looking up at the sky, searching for a quiet place, accepting the energy from trees wondering how many stars are in the sky & why there is so much water in the lakes. My pondering mind & soul appreciates the little things in life. Im like an old rock thats on display, trying to reach tree roots popping out of the ground, “I need the strength. I tend to zoom in on everything with my heart and soul, thats where I tend to dive into the universe. I’m not sure what to do with my energy most times, but I do use it to forgive others and to give back to the community that really need my positive spirits and growing impact. This world can’t be fixed but I do know it needs to be a better place where people naturally care, and don’t want anything in return. Hard to believe that there are people out there like that right. But there is…
Heres the thing, I dont have a lot of friends & that’s okay, I do have a large number of acquaintances. I’ve been told by some that I’m too much & they can’t handle Tree of Stars, the fact is that the focus is not on them anymore, question is, did these people really care? Did they mean it when they were doing a check in with me? or ask how I’m doing? I doubt it or else they wouldn’t doubt my passions. I have never asked much from anyone and if I do it’s me asking for help for someone else, and I’m super greatful in every aspects. This brings us to the next paragraph.
I do and have needed supportive people that want to help because they legit want to help not that that they will or would benefit from helping. This is where I want to give a huge shout out and thank you to many who have supported Tree of Stars and contributed in their own way.
1. Crumbuns- Supporting Tree of Stars since day one. Believing in me, accepting me, having patience with me & watching my visions as they grow. Allowing me to put on a music event with Robin Benedict & all of us ending up in the Hamilton spectator together. Thank you & See you soon 🌳🌟🌏
2. Concession St BIA: Sharing their positive space with me at all their festivals from May 2017 to Sept. 2017- Your support is beyond words. Thank you so much Christine for your guidance too. See you soon.🌳🌟🌏
3. RickRackCafe- Thank you for inviting me to share your positive space from April 2017 to June 2017 allowing me to hold my chat sessions which included special guest speakers from the community and local musicans donating their time to perform in promoting mental health awareness & addictions recovery. 🌳🌟🌏
3. Lukaya Cafe- opening the doors when in need, at any given moment. The love & generosity goes beyond limits, your outreach to Tree of Stars has made a huge impact and diffeence in this world. Your soul is a shining star in so many ways. Your open mic every other Tuesday is a rock itself. The gift items for door prizes for my showcase at Sealed Art in April 2017 and our 1st Annual at Cedars Campground Aug 26, 2017. Thank you so so much it’s greatly appreciated. Thank you, See you soon.🌳🌟🌏
4. Candi Werx-Thank you for opening your positive space from May 2017-Aug 2017 allowing Tree of Stars to run their Kids Open Jam/ Kids colouring. It was such an amazing opportunity with positive vibes. See you soon. 🌳🌟🌏
5. Big Tobacco Kitchen- Huge shout out- it was only a short time that I met the owner Nic Prong. He has so much patience with me, and so much to give this world. The kind hearted individual he is, gave free coffee every other Thursday for the months of July and August at Tree of Stars events promoting mental health awareness & addictions recovery through Adult Open Jam, allowing others to feel like they were at home and to be safe. My prints are still hanging on the walls framed & displayed for sale which includes individuals to have a dinner with Jessica Compton sole founder of Tree Of Stars- The dinner is to share her story face to face and build a connection with the buyer. Nic Prong again a huge shout out as this never would have grew with out your arms open wide. Thank you to the Hamilton community as well for attending & local musicans that came out to perform. See you soon.🌳🌟🌏
6. Sealed Art- where do I begin….I met you through a good friend & local talented musican Robin Benedict. I was there for a comedy show one night & ever since I feel in love with the vibe it has to offer. The resources that you also provide are honesty & being loyal to our Hamilton and extended communities for over 30 years. So amazing to have our passions embraced by your talents. See you soon. 🌳🌟🌏
7. Copper Kettle- Thank you for sharing your space April 2017 to Aug 2017, also in donating gift cards for door prizes, having patience with me, accepting me as well in so many different ways. Your open mic on Wednesdays rock. Also I’m super excited to have my prints put up the month of January was an awesome opportunity I’m so greatful.
8. Benjamin Washington Photography- Thank You for the mini photo shoot at Sealed Art greatly appreciated. Would love to continue to work with you in the future at Tree of Stars upcoming music shows & events.